The lamp is covered with a towel (only under adult supervision).
Lucy is curled up next to dad.
I'm laying here dead tired in my most comfortable bed but not sleeping. Instead I'm rocking you, my hiccup baby, to sleep on my legs, watching your eyes move around the room at different objects and contrasts. Remembering when I could feel your hiccups in my belly, and it was always around this time too.
I could laugh so hard at every one of your adorable baby hiccups but I try to refrain because this bumpy movement might just keep you awake. And we've GOT to get you to bed. Just as soon as I can stop laughing.
Really though, I'm in no hurry. I have all of my favorite people within a 3 foot reach and we are all happy and healthy with life all around us.
It's good. So, so good. :)
PS: your hiccups stopped just as I finished typing this to you. Still rocking...

No comments:
Post a Comment