Saturday, September 10, 2011

Writing.

I never have time to WRITE! And for that, I'm sorry. You are keeping us so busy lately, and with our first major bout with sickness, let's just say things have been better.
Good news is that even with a cough and runny nose, you still flash those two pearly whites on a regular basis. You are SO funny. You like to show off, as soon as someone walks into the room, you'll perform one of your many tricks: the first typically being CLAPPING. This is one of the cutest things you've done so far, and it's how you're communicating until you can figure out how to talk. You clap when you're happy and when we say "YAY" - your favorite is to clap WITH a big group of your friends. You're such a social little guy, I know you love me but what you really love is to be with your whole family. We've had more Humphries family events since you came into our lives, and for that we are all greatful. Your Grams and Gramps, Your uncle and his lovely girlfriend Allie, and Mom and Dad. We are your favorite crew, it's pretty adorable.
One of my favorite things lately is watching you with your Grandpa. You could not love him more - you're always smiling when he's around and he loves to play with you and crawl around on the floor wrestling with you. It is crystal clear that the two of you have a very special bond. One that I am positive will last a lifetime. You love your Grandpa so, so much. Melts my heart.
Speaking of wrestling, let's talk about trying to dress you. When I've finally got you dressed in the morning, I feel like I've just won a fight with a professional UFC fighter. You twist and turn and kick your legs. You hate laying on your back and find it so totally fun to wrestle around with me as I'm trying to dress you. My strategy of building bumpers with my legs has backfired as you now use these as leverage to pull yourself up. It's pretty entertaining and I can't help but laugh at how ridiculously difficult it is to get you to sit still. I love this about you 95% of the time, so the 5% while I dress you, guess I've just gotta make the best of it and laugh.
You continue to discover your voice. Constantly screaming and saying what sounds like itty bitty words. Daddy and I are vying for the first word. We're both constantly trying to coerce you into saying Mama or Dada. You say both of these words, but you haven't yet associated them with either of us. It's still pretty cute to hear a constant "mamamamamama".
Here are a few videos of our favorite things:
CLAPPING:
CRAWLING:
YO GABBA GABBA!!!
Here are a few pics of you recently. Sweet lil 7 month old dude.

You and Uncle Cam-0

We rarely get these sweet moments anymore. I had to capture this one. :-) it's my favorite

duck fan


Grandma's coaster at the BAR. Yep, we had a baby, in a BAR. (sort of)

No comments: