Remember the time I counted how many weeks/months old you were and would update your blog with your stats - constantly?
That was cute.
Apparently, life takes over, and when I do actually have spare time, I'm either playing with you or sleeping - there is no in-between. Please forgive me.
Here's what I do know: As of this blog post (halloween) you were just shy of 10 months.
You had taken a several steps 3-4 at a time (which weren't documented = bad mommy).
You are eating like an adult.
You stand every time you're supposed to be sitting (highchair)
You feel HUGE to us, far superior to every other baby your age (total unbiased opinion, clearly).
Halloween was FUN this year!! We went to the pumpkin patch twice, daddy brought you to my work party where there were ponies, reptiles, a candyland exhibit, nickelodeon GAK, and all kinds of other fun stuff for kids.
The pumpkin patch was the best part - you seemed tired and not too into it until I let you down. This, as I'm learning, is key. While you love to be held, you really shine when we let you take in the scenery from the ground floor. This was (one of) our first experiences having other parents glare with looks of sincere disapproval - and it only fueled our fire. We let you crawl around in the pumpkins - it started with a photo opp in the patch, and you just took it from there, and took OFF. It was too cute, we just couldn't stop it, and what's a little dirt going to hurt anyone? Queue: rolling eyes, pointing, and gasps that these amateur parents let their 9 month old crawl around in dirt. Don't you know dirt kills people? Guess what judgers: it doesn't. In fact, our kid had a BLAST rolling around in the dirt, and he's still alive, so there. Here's proof:









No comments:
Post a Comment