There is so much rich history in your mama's family for Mother's Day.
It's a day of celebration, appreciation and reflection. Most nostalgic for me was spending that one day a year showing my mama how much I loved and appreciated her. We would make her a special breakfast and lay in bed and watch movies with her. After her nap (soon you'll know that napping and your Grandma are synonymous with one another), we would go play together outside and just love on each other. Each year was special and different, and seeing the joy and love in her eyes as we fawned over her was the best part. I remember being little and feeling so blessed and honored that I could make my mommy that happy.
Though you're not old enough yet to fully understand, you make me this happy every single day. What I came to realize this year is that I don't need one dedicated day, not yet anyway. This day was just like any other... and that is what made it great. We played, you laughed, you loved on me, you learned new words. You napped, I napped (the BEST!). We went to Grandma's for a family BBQ and you were just a HAM - you love your family so much and I adore watching you love on your Grandma, it added a new dimension to our always-fantastic-Mothers Day.
So, little bud. I can't wait for you to get older and for your Grandma to show you all of the fun stuff we get to do on Mother's day because I know you will love this special day. And I look forward to sharing this day with you for many years to come, because without you none of this would be possible.
Thanks for making me a mama, buddy. And for making my dreams come true. ;-)

No comments:
Post a Comment