Dear sweet, sweet boy,
Obviously, I have much to update
your blog on. It’s been 3 months and I've been seriously neglectful to your
blog.
In the short term, I feel
compelled to put this down in writing so I don't forget it. More to come on
major milestones soon...
We recently lost a beloved member
of our family. Our little doggie Lucy is now up in heaven with Josephine. It’s
an understatement to say that I’ve had a rough go of it.
But you, sweet boy, you are an
angel. The night she passed, I was an absolute wreck, inconsolable. I was
curled up by the bonfire outside that night, bawling my eyes out. I didn't want
you to see me in such disarray so daddy kept you inside. As I sat alone by the
fire, I felt you creep up quietly behind me. You had snuck outside. You stood
there next to me and just stared at me – it was clear you had never seen your
mama cry, and it made zero sense to you.
“Mommy, why are you crying?”, as
you reached out and placed your hand on my thigh.
“Mommy’s sad, buddy. Mommy's
really sad.”
“Mommy, don’t cry, it’ll be OK,
Mommy. It’s OK mama. Don’t cry.”
I reached over and you gave me
the biggest hug...it lingered. Like you knew what it meant. It was just what I
needed to pull me back to Earth and heal my heart.
You are just the absolute
sweetest little guy.
Saying goodbye to Lucy has been
difficult, but having you around to remind me what this life is all about…there
are no words. You've shown me compassion and care that feels far beyond your
years.
Thanks for being my little
reminder that life goes on, and it’s all good.
I love you bud.
I had a blog for Lucy that I stopped updating years ago. For the final post on our sweet baby girl, click here.




No comments:
Post a Comment