Tuesday, June 18, 2013

You are my Sunshine ☼

It’s been a rough couple of weeks. We’re really, really trying to make lemonade out of these lemons right now, but the dang things are nearly dry. When it feels like enough is enough, whenever I even get close to throwing in the towel, there you are. A sticker on my hand since morning, and a smile at the door when I come home. You've brightened up what's been a pretty dark day. You rescue me with your smiles and your laughter. Your imagination takes me on a trip to somewhere far away, a place I didn't know existed. Tonight we took Superman to the grocery store where we bought mcdonalds nuggets and fries, where we talked to dinosaurs about how happy we were. And they knew we were happy because we just went to the park and went down the slide, and we were smiling really big. That imagination, already, at 2? Are you kidding me?

And there I was, sitting next to you sopping wet (may as well have been in the bathtub), with a superman truck in one hand and your little piggy that had roast beef in the other, and I realized I had forgotten about all that ails me right now. You are life. You’re it. I am so, so thankful God put you here, in my bathtub.


Thanks for being so freaking cool, bud. So.freaking.cool.

#materpower






No comments: