Seriously. This kid takes my breathe away.
Every. Day!
Work is IN-SANE right now. I almost can’t
breathe…but this little guy…oh my. Bud, you make everything better. You give
me purpose, comic relief..you bring me back to Earth when I forget that
advertising is just...um…advertising. After 80 hrs/week, there isn't an ounce of me that's willing to apologize for locking us up in the suburbs and not going anywhere. Home is where the heart is, always.
What a rad dude.
You’re funny – inflection and timing are
your strong suits… who knew? You were born with this uncanny ability to deliver a joke with the perfect timing, inflection, and response. You can thank your daddy later.
You’re compassionate. You don’t want to
hurt anyone’s feelings, you want everyone to be happy and content.
You’re self-aware. You get it and
understand when you’re in trouble. It’s funny, you can totally call it when you’re
about to go to timeout – sometimes you put yourself there before we have a
chance to. Doesn’t mean you don’t act up, but you correct yourself when you do.
Awesome…you can find me napping in the other room. KThanksBye.
Favorites lately:
1. POTTY TRAINED!!! You’re like 90% there.
It’s sad, I want to take a pic of every epic defecation. It’s disgusting but so
pride-inducing I almost can’t help but instagram it. Good God. Your
favorite reward after doing the deed? Washing your hands. Really, dude? Really?
Your 2nd fav reward? Skittles and/or fruit snacks. You are your
mothers son. Also, bacon and peeing seem to work well for you...
2. YOUR VOCABULARY! It’s insane. We can
have an actual conversation, about anything, and you get it. A few of your
favorites:
- observing the random cars/trucks/tractors/school
busses on the road on our way to school
- watching for traffic lights and
instructing your driver how to proceed (whew!)
- telling us what you learned at school –
each week is themed
3. YOU CAN WRITE YOUR NAME! What? You’re
2.5. are 2.5’s supposed to know how to write their names? Trip out
4. YOU LOVE YOUR UNCLE CAM! Oh man, do you. It's weird, it's like you two speak the same foreign language and just get each other. It's the best thing ever. You think he's the COOLEST dude ever and the feeling is so clearly mutual. He loves you to pieces and would do anything for you. Yay for family and awesome uncles.
5. You have naturally adopted the concept of control,
and you like it. Weird, no clue why this concept is so appealing (oh hey,
mirror). On occasion, we’ll put you down for a nap or bedtime, and you don’t
love the idea of sleeping where we want you to. You're into sleeping, just on your own terms. In these cases, you’ll pass out anywhere BUT where you know you’re
supposed to sleep. Your favorites lately are the kitchen and the doorway of your
bedroom. Our philosophy? Let the boy sleep...
5. You just cannot get enough of your
cousins. You love them to pieces. We are so thankful to live so close to our
friends and family. They are your favorite – watching you grow up with my best
friends kiddos is an absolute dream come true.
My favorite things you say:
I love you too
Mama, you’re so pretty (unprompted, I guarantee no one taught him this...no really)
Ending every statement with “RIGHT?”
I tooted!
(after you go potty) “and now I get a
skittle!”
See my cool shoes?
When I wake up, I'm going to the mountain with daddy
elk call.
When I wake up, I'm going to the mountain with daddy
elk call.
Statements of appreciation/affirmation: “Good
Job on the nuggets, Cam!”
Your favorite foods:
Skittles (duh)
Asparagus
Bananas
Any berries
Fettuccine
Any version of breaded chicken
Sammich
Mac & Cheese
...and the very first photographic evidence we're related....











No comments:
Post a Comment