1. It just sounds annoying to call you 20 months. I swore I wouldn't be one of those moms who counts their babies age once they're over 12 months. Alas, 20 months IS better than 18 months, is better than 17 months. I guess I'll stop counting months at 2 yrs. Because you, sir, are still my baby. Hear that?
2. It's been 3 months since I last blogged? Bad mommy! As you've come to understand, summers in Oregon must be treasured, coveted and enjoyed - and boy was this one! By far one of the best yet! We boated, camped, went hunting (well, daddy hunted, we hung out in camo by the fire), went to the zoo, the park a thousand times, learned to swim, wore swimming trunks (and at home, no trunks = your fav), and ate tons of ice cream, bbq and grilled veggies. Summers in Oregon are the best!
You are just growing like a weed. It feels like every day I watch you and gasp at how quickly you're growing and talking and moving! The last 3 months have seen you grow leaps and bounds in the vocabulary dept. You're still not making total sense, but you are certainly making sentences and you're pretty darn happy you can finally communicate and have an actual conversation.
A few of your favorite sayings right now:
Daddy drives the boat
Daddy drives the car
(insert anything) drive ; you're obsessed with driving anything
Mas (for "more"; yeah, you know Spanish, at 20 months)
read the book?
socks and shoes
soap in my eyes (oops)
ouch.
Oh Nooooo! (when you intentionally drop something or fall)
Jump Jump!
hot, cold, warm
You know everyones name: lincoln, lucy, papa (grandpa), brama (grandma)
Hey Dude
Hubba Hubba (thanks daddy)
goodnight
I'm sure there's more I'm not thinking of, but we'll leave it at that.
We've also (sort of) started potty training you. Somehow you became super into the potty, so we brought one in, and you pee on it, sometimes. We're not crazy serious about it yet, but we're happy you're taking to it so nicely. Hopefully we'll have a smooth go of it!
You are way too much fun. You are courageous, (still!) fearless (as proven by the constant bumps and cuts on your forehead), sweet, head-strong, determined, busy, class clown, and a social little butterfly. You love to make new friends and share your toys with other kids. You know when people are watching you, and boy do you put on a show.
I was reading some old posts recently, from when you were an infant, to see if the assumptions we made then still held true. Surprisingly enough, most did - as a baby, we described you as "high-input"; you couldn't sit/lay still, you always had to have something to do/look at/entertain yourself with. The same is still definitely true - you are high-input, but thankfully very social, so as long as there's other kids around for you to play with, you are golden.
I really do love you more and more each day. It's almost overwhelming how much I love you; I can't wait to watch you grow up but I'm really trying to enjoy these moments as much as I can. You are such a gem, the light and energy in my life. A tough day has nothing on you, as you run into the kitchen shouting "HI MAMA!!!". You make this mamas heart melt every day. Thanks for making every single day special, bud. you da you da best.











No comments:
Post a Comment