I read a lot of really cheesy mommy blogs.
I also read a lot of interesting, poignant and inspiring articles across the web.
I don't post them on Facebook for fear that people will find out I'm super sentimental.
But I don't want to lose them.
So, here's a list of my favorites lately:
http://findingjoy.net/why-being-mom-is-enough/
"Let her eat all of the Halloween candy in one sitting. When she's puking Kit-Kats, ask her if she wants another one."
"4. Don’t pull strings. Some kids get a rude awakening when they get a job and realize that the rules actually do apply to them. They have to come on time and do what the boss wants. And, (gasp!) part of the job they don’t even like. If you don’t like your child’s teacher, science partner, position on the soccer field or placement of the bus stop, avoid the temptation to make a stink or pull strings until he gets his preference. You are robbing your child of the chance to make the best of a difficult situation. Dealing with less-than-ideal circumstance is something she will have to do most of her adult life. If children never learn to handle it, you’re setting them up for failure."
No comments:
Post a Comment