Sunday, May 15, 2011

Mother's Day!

There is no denying that I have been looking forward to my very first Mother's Day since I first realized I wanted kids (which means I had been waiting for this day for nearly 18 years). I wanted to spend the day with our amazing family, and it was such a spectacular day full of relaxation and the best family a girl could ask for.
Though I had every intention of sleeping in, I was awakened by your sweet squealing voice at about 7:30am and I couldn't help but get up to play with my sweet dude. You greeted me with that huge gummy smile, setting the tone for our wonderful day. Your Grandpa came over and made the most AMAZING triple berry french toast and served your Grandma and I breakfast in bed with fresh mimosa's while we watched a chic flick. We finished breakfast and headed out to do some wine tasting, picking up a lovely bottle of Viogneir to sip on while Grandma and I got pedicures (along with every other mother/daughter duo in Newberg). Finally, we came home and your daddy cooked us the most amazing blue cheese steak dinner (his specialty) as we watched the beautiful Newberg sunset over the hills. We laughed, we cried, we gossiped, and I had such an amazing day. I realized that I was recognizing my own Mother in a new light, with more adoration and appreciation for all that she has done as an amazing mother to me. Being a mommy now, I simply cannot believe all that I've put my mother through (especially in those dreaded teenage years), and through it all she has always loved and supported me unconditionally. I hope to be this for you, little guy.
Thank you for helping me become the person I've always wanted to be. You are helping me grow on so many levels. I am more accepting of myself and my emotional ways, you have taught me the true meaning of being completely self-less, and I am becoming a much more compassionate person. You have given me purpose.
Thank you for being such a Gem on my first Mother's Day, I look forward to many, many more of these days.
Mimosa Brunch in Bed!

Cuddles with mama

Storytime! (Brown Bear + Green Eggs & Ham)

Lincoln likes storytime too!

No comments: