I woke up this morning, recapping last night I realized someone asked me how old you were, and after a long pause, I answered 4.5 months, almost 5 months! Shortly after answering, I realized I don't actually know how old you are. Time flies and let's be honest, any mom who has enough time to count the number of weeks her baby has been alive; well, she needs to have another baby or get a job. So I pulled up my calendar and counted. Come Monday, you will be 5 1/2 months. WHAT? When did that happen? When did I become the mother of an almost 6 month old?
I guess our weekly, apparently even monthly updates are out the window, but please know that it's because I am spending quality time with you! You are such a joy, the light of our lives. You are so fun and I'm positive this is the age every mother dreams of. You are so social and full of personality. You laugh only at your daddy (which we love), but smile at everyone else, especially the ladies. You are sitting up, reaching for things (including me, YAY!), rolling, and you can crawl backward and sideways, just not quite forward yet. But I'm positive it will be no time at all. You are so strong and in the 95th percentile for weight and length - yeah, you're one heavy dude these days. I could not have chosen a better time to get pregnant (not that I chose it, you did), I was my fattest over the holidays, had you in the winter, and now that you're old enough to be social, the weather is nice and there is always a bbq or party on the weekends. We are seeing more of our friends than we have in years, simply because you are such a social little fella, maybe even more than your mommy.
Here's you, a month older than I realized you were. :-) Love me anyway!
 |
| Grandpa!! |
 |
| Love that swing, love that park. |
 |
| Your first Saturday Market, laughing at the hippies (and daddy) |
 |
| Two peas. |
 |
| Saturday market entertainment (you LOVED this guy) |
 |
| Oregonians glowing in the sunshine |
No comments:
Post a Comment