Sunday, July 17, 2011

6 months.

Really?
I say this every time, but it just always feels like you are moving at lightening speed.
Since when am I the mama to a 6 month old?
Baby, time just flies. Everyone told me this would happen, but I had no idea that you time would pass this quickly. 
You are a mover and a shaker. Just recently we went down to San Francisco to meet our friend's new baby who is only a week younger than you. Truth be told, I haven't spent a ton of time around babies in general, and especially not around babies exactly your age. This means I have no benchmark, no comparison, no context by which to judge your seemingly superhuman growth. Spending time around other babies exactly your age makes me realize how you just overflow with personality, and how strong and solid you are. 
You are a big boy. Last we checked, you were in the 95th percentile for weight and height. You aren't great at sitting still, instead you roll, and roll, and roll. 
Trying to keep you on your playmat is a joke. You would rather roll after the dogs and play with your fingers in the carpet. Laying down is so last month. You love to sit, though you're still working on your balance and fall...often. You're a bruiser, not much hurts you, and very few things that should hurt you, actually make you cry. You are super social, which is great news for daddy and I because it means we can take you anywhere and you LOVE it. To be honest, a Saturday at home is just not your favorite. You would rather be out and about, seeing people and things, taking it all in. Just last night we went to your Grandma's house for a BBQ and there were tons of people around. Everyone commented on how quiet you were - just hangin with your family, not making a peep.  Finally by 10pm (2 hours past your bedtime), you gracefully fell asleep in my arms, without making a sound, all swaddled up (you still love the swaddle, this blows my mind).
You like to talk, you love to listen. You watch me do laundry and chores on the weekend, as long as I'm moving, you're content. Though laying still isn't your favorite, you will chill on your daddy's lap for quite a while. 
You are so much fun, and while it sounds like SUCH a cliche, I cannot for the life of me remember what consumed my thoughts before you came along. What did I think about? Worry about? Plan for? The last 6 months have been amazing, blown my mind. I can't wait to see you in the evenings, and in your worst mood you are still such a gem. 
Happy, sweet, social little fella. 
and a Happy Half a year birthday on Tuesday. I can't believe you are so old!!

so modest


This is your summer outfit

Baby Einstein iphone app = new favorite thing

Auntie Tracy is such a good influence

LL Cool S

Bryn!!!



No comments: