Ok, so here's how this blogging this works. We have our 8 week pediatrician appt and then 3 weeks later, I finally get around to adding it to your blog. Your mama is slackin! I'm sorry buddy, but you're just keeping me too busy, and if it's a choice between cuddling with my babe and blogging, guess what I'm going to choose? It's been a crazy last few weeks, your mama caught a cold at her company party and shortly after had to have emergency surgery (these are unrelated). No fun, but thankfully, your Grandma and Grandpa were there to help us out, thank God for them! You were so good to me when I was sick and recovering, and I'm finally starting to feel better. So thanks, baby, for being such a nice little guy when I needed ya.
As of 8 weeks, here were your stats:
Height: 23 1/4 " - 60th percentile
Weight: 13 lbs - 70th percentile
Head: 15 1/2" - 35th percentile
At your docs appt, you also had your very first set of immunizations. We put you on a conservative spread out vaccine schedule, so you only had two immunizations. Again, you love these nurses. When the nurse put the needle in your leg you gave her the biggest gummy smile ever, making her laugh as she administered your vaccine. You continue to amaze me and everyone who meets you. You're such a social baby, you love to meet new people and this appt was no exception. She said in 10 years she's never had a baby smile when getting a shot - there you go, breaking records already. I'm crossing my fingers every appt is as easy as this one was. No tears, all smiles. Good baby.
Ok, here are a few fun milestones as of this week, since TODAY you happen to be 11 weeks old.
+ You are awake during the day more and more
+ You LOVE it when Daddy comes home from work, you smile at him when you hear his voice (he seems to be liking this too)
+ You blow bubbles and air through your lips
+ You are reaching for everything (rattles, your blankie, my HAIR) and holding on tightly; your mama is starting to realize what the "mommy haircut" is all about
+ You smile almost everytime I bring your blankie to you, we've got to get this on camera soon for your future girlfriend Lucca
+ You want to put everything in your mouth
+ You are such a joy in the morning after a full nights sleep, it's adorable, you're all smiles and coos, it's my favorite time of day
+ In other good news, we finally got your daycare worked out and we're very excited about it. They are great caregivers and we think it's going to be perfect for you (Mommy, however, might not take to this whole going back to work thing very well, wish me luck)
Here's wonderful, adorable, you:
No comments:
Post a Comment