Toys and trains. I know, it sounds shallow to be thankful for toys, but let me explain...
To see you with an opinion and a preference is one of the coolest things ever - you have a point of view, you're an individual. It makes me so proud. Your most recent toy (and tv show) preferences are Trains (Thomas the Train), Trucks (anything monster trucks or Bob the Builder), and Airplanes. Beyond these, from the time you were born, mommy showered you with stuffed animals, not sure why, it just felt right and I was too pregnant to not buy every cute stuffed animal on the shelf.
But here's where it really gets cool - after an overnighter with your Grandma, you came home Sunday morning with a bitty bear that was new to our home. It looked and felt crazy familiar - I knew in my gut that I had seen this bear before. As it turns out, this bitty bear was your mommy's when she was your age. Without coaxing, this bear has quickly become your favorite "baby" of your entire 1000-army-strong baby battalion. This absolutely melts.my.heart! To look over at you on the couch, cuddling with that bear that I so clearly remember holding close when I was your age, it brings nostalgic tears to my eyes.
So, today I am thankful for the toys that mean more than we remember, or in some cases realize.
Bears and Trains and Trucks and babies rule.


1 comment:
Thankful for my daughter whose written word makes me so happy and proud as she embraces motherhood in a whole new way. Love you all soooo dang much! Thank you for making me the happiest Grandma ever!
Post a Comment