Friday, November 30, 2012

30 Days of Thanks: Day 28


Today I’m thankful for something you now do every single day. It makes sleeping in my bed, just a few yards away from your bed, that much more AWESOME.
Here’s the scene:
You wake up in the am, in my groggy still sleeping(ish) state, I can hear the pitter patter of your little feet running across the kitchen floor and into our bedroom. I sleep on the door-side, so you come launching onto me, as you jump onto the bed, there’s typically a Sawyer-sized spot right next to me. You know I’m sleeping, so you crawl up onto your belly and lay right on my chest, with your little hands nestled under your chin. You whisper “hi mama” and I can see your pearly white smile in the dark.
Then you’ll venture into some story about airplanes, trucks, babies or bears. On the best days, you perk your head up, look at daddy and launch over to wake up daddy after proclaiming “Daddy’s sleeping. Daddy – Get up!”.
You in the morning is by far, the sweetest thing I’ve ever seen. You’re lovey, cuddly, energetic, sweet, and you run everywhere.
Today (and every day) I’m thankful for your sweet morning moments. J

No comments: