Well fella, I'm embarrassed to admit that until this first outing, I was a bit terrified to take you out of the house. Yes, you and I have been sequestered in our cave for just short of 5 weeks (outside of doctor visits and one field trip to Target, of course). It's been quite lovely, but I had forgotten what the sky looks like. So, it was time to roll out (also a dope song back in the day...)

Daddy had the day off of work (YAY!!!) so we decided to take you on your very first stroller ride. We bundled you up and strolled over the river and through the woods to the skate park so Daddy could show you his skills. We were lucky enough to catch a rare sunny day in March, chilly but still Oregon beautiful. Daddy pushed the stroller while Mommy walked beside him - it was incredible. And also quite bizarre as we realized we were those people walking on the side of the road with a stroller - those people who make you turn to the passenger in your car and remark with disgust: "Don't those people have jobs?". Yes, we do have jobs, but truth be told people just don't take enough of these days to stop and smell the roses.
On this day, the air was fresh and roses were sure sweet.




No comments:
Post a Comment