Monday, January 16, 2012

Reset.

Before I catch up on Thanksgiving and Christmas posts (oops), I'll talk about today.
You can see based on my last post that we've had a tough go of it. You, teething with a cold and adapting to a new school. Me, insanely busy at work, working too late to get home in time to see you and recovering from yet another crazy cold you've gifted me.
I am lucky enough to have a 3-day weekend, and dare I say I deserve it.
This morning we woke up at 7am, as usual. I put on some tea, you had your breakfast, and we just hung out. Watched cartoons, read books, played blocks, drank tea, caught up. It was so refreshing and completely reenergizing. Today, you were back to your normal self. A bit more cuddly than normal, but you'll never hear me complain about that.
The cutest thing? You still cross your legs like you did in the womb and as a newborn. so adorable.
Here's to our reset button. Thanks for putting me back in check, buddy. Mama needed it.

No comments: