Monday, January 16, 2012

Thanksgiving

Every year we go around the table and say what we're thankful for this year.
Every year your Grandma breaks down in tears for one reason or another. Over the last 4 years it's been because of the troops serving abroad who are without their families. God love her.
Over the last 4 years I've rolled my eyes, not because I don't appreciate our troops who give their lives each and every day for my freedom, but because my mother, your Grandma, sheds a tear at the drop of a hat. It's funny, really.
Last year, for the first time in history, I cried at Thanksgiving dinner. I was very prego with you, I blame the hormones.
This year, I didn't break down in hysterics, but I did get teary-eyed. And I didn't apologize for it. I was 100% justified in my sentiment. What am I thankful for? What an absolutely ridiculous question.
But for those who are wondering, here was my list (to the best of my memory) {let it be known that on the actual day of Thanks, I answered with something generic to the tune of 'I'm thankful for my baby', and passed, to avoid the blubbering tears that were certain to commence, but what I meant was...}.
I am thankful for this tiny human who has taught me how to love on an immense grand level.
I am thankful for a patient and loving husband who has proven he is here for the long haul
I am thankful for an insanely handome, charismatic and fun husband who gave me a little baby who is JUST LIKE HIM.
I am thankful for Sawyer Lee, who has grown my heart x1000 - who knew that the word 'love' could ever feel like this? It feels like my heart has been given steroids and has literally grown 2x its size. 
How could I ever have lived the rest of my life without feeling this joy? I couldn't have. And had I, it would have been such a shame.
Thanks

Sawyer's first Spode dinner







No comments: