It's rare that something happens and I don't know what to do. Those motherly instincts have an amazing way of kicking in, most days. Tonight was a rare exception when I almost called my mommy to ask her what the heck I should do. We were chatting next to our awesome wood stove and you accidentally burned your arm. You've been hurt plenty of times (in fact, you've had a particularly accident prone month now that I think about it), but this time, I heard that terrifying scream cry and I knew it was serious. Luckily, your daddy saved the day and took over while I just totally froze up in the moment. Yay for daddies!! He stayed calm and wrapped your arm in a cold compress right away. You calmed down a bit but still weren't quite right. I finally caught up to daddy and gave you some Tylenol. After an hour and a quick trip to walgreens, you were on the mend.
It's times like this I am so incredibly thankful for two things:
1. The resiliency of children, a healthy babe who will (hopefully) heal quickly and your ability to be easily distracted by the likes of an iPad. ;-)
2. Your daddy. It's true that two parents are better than one and your daddy is someone real special. We each contribute something different to this team and I am so thankful for his level-headed nature, incredible patience when it matters most, and his ability to step in and save the day when I need it.
Also, you've hit your December quota on injuries. No more please.
No comments:
Post a Comment